Cloud Storage Richmond
Organizations across Virginia and throughout the globe are steadily increasing the rate at which they store data in the cloud.
With the widespread use of cloud storage services, businesses can avoid housing large, bulky filing cabinets full of physical files in their offices, and they don’t even need high capacity on-site server storage capabilities.
What is the Cloud?
Simply put, the cloud is a system of offsite servers that individuals and businesses use to store their digital files and media. The servers are managed by a hosting company and individuals and organizations buy or rent digital space from them.
The cloud is used for all sorts of reasons. An individual may use cloud storage to store their photos and music, rather than storing that information on their phone. Organizations use the cloud to store business-related data and documents so that employees can access it from anywhere at any time.
The hosting company is responsible for the upkeep of the servers and ensuring that their users have constant access to their stored information.
How Has the Cloud Changed the Way We Do Business in Richmond?
The cloud has made a huge change in the way we. Several benefits of using the cloud to store business information are:
- Scalability: you only pay for the amount of storage you
- Easy file sharing: a document hosted offsite can be accessed by anyone granted access
- Remote access: anyone in the company can log in and access information from anywhere
- Increased security: hosting companies take extreme measures to keep all data secure
- Reduced power/maintenance costs: you don’t have to pay for server maintenance or energy use
- Natural disaster protection: servers are kept secure and backed up
Get Free Quotes on Cloud Storage Services for Your Richmond Organization
Want to start using the cloud at your Virginia business? Call our Richmond experts at (804) 977-2696 or fill out the form on the left and we’ll help you find a secure and affordable solution for your digital storage needs.